Christine Dehlendorf, MD
As a family physician with advanced training in family planning and a Masters Degree in Clinical Research, I perform research and clinical work designed to address the family planning needs of low-income, diverse populations. My research program focuses on contraceptive counseling and family planning disparities.
M.A.S. in Clinical Research, 2008 - Graduate Division (Advance Training in Clinical Research), University of California, San Francisco
Cert, 2007 - Medicine (Advance Training in Clinical Research), University of California, San Francisco
Clinical Fellowship, - , University of California, San Francisco
- Meeting the Needs of Postpartum Women With and Without a Recent Preterm Birth: Perceptions of Maternal Family Planning in Pediatrics.
- Birth Control Connect: a randomized trial of an online group to disseminate contraceptive information.
- Beyond same-day LARC access: A person-centered framework for advancing high quality, equitable contraceptive care.
- Patient-provider communication before and after implementation of the contraceptive decision support tool My Birth Control.
- A mixed methods study of provider perspectives on My Birth Control: a contraceptive decision support tool designed to facilitate shared decision making.
- Reproductive Life Planning and Patient-Centered Care: Can the Inconsistencies be Reconciled?
- Perspectives on patient-centered family planning care from incarcerated girls: a qualitative study.
- "…Society is, at the end of the day, still going to stigmatize you no matter which way": A qualitative study of the impact of stigma on social support during unintended pregnancy in early adulthood.
- Cluster Randomized Trial of a Patient-Centered Contraceptive Decision Support Tool, My Birth Control.
- Side Effects and Health Benefits of Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate: A Systematic Review.
- Adapting the Interpersonal Quality in Family Planning care scale to assess patient perspectives on abortion care.
- An in-depth analysis of the use of shared decision making in contraceptive counseling.
- The effect of immediate postpartum levonorgestrel contraceptive implant use on breastfeeding and infant growth: a randomized controlled trial.
- Client Preferences for Contraceptive Counseling: ASystematic Review.
- Contraceptive Counseling in Clinical Settings: An Updated Systematic Review.
- Impact of Contraceptive Education on Knowledge and Decision Making: An Updated Systematic Review.
- Women's preferences for and experiences with prenatal genetic testing decision making: Sociodemographic disparities in preference-concordant decision making.
- Crisis Pregnancy Centers: Faith Centers Operating in Bad Faith.
- Promoting medical student self-awareness through a challenging patient workshop.
- Pill, patch, or ring? A mixed methods analysis of provider counseling about combined hormonal contraception.
- Women's preferences for contraceptive counseling in Mexico: Results from a focus group study.
- No one to turn to: low social support and the incidence of undesired pregnancy in the United States.
- Perioperative pregnancy interval, contraceptive counseling experiences and contraceptive use in women undergoing bariatric surgery.
- Ensuring our research reflects our values: The role of family planning research in advancing reproductive autonomy.
- Multivariable regression analysis of list experiment data on abortion: results from a large, randomly-selected population based study in Liberia.
- Postgraduate Experiences With an Advanced Reproductive Health and Abortion Training and Leadership Program.
- Development of a patient-reported measure of the interpersonal quality of family planning care.
- Corrigendum to "Shared decision making in contraceptive counseling" [Contraception (2017) 95:452-455].
- Quality and Content of Patient-Provider Communication About Contraception: Differences by Race/Ethnicity and Socioeconomic Status.
- Pregnancy Options Counseling and Abortion Referrals Among US Primary Care Physicians: Results From a National Survey.
- Future directions in performance measures for contraceptive care: a proposed framework.
- Defining quality in contraceptive counseling to improve measurement of individuals' experiences and enable service delivery improvement.
- Immediate versus delayed postpartum use of levonorgestrel contraceptive implants: a randomized controlled trial in Uganda.
- Facilitating State-Wide Collaboration around Family Planning Care in the Context of Zika.
- "Every Person's Just Different": Women's Experiences with Counseling for Early Pregnancy Loss Management.
- Development and field testing of a decision support tool to facilitate shared decision making in contraceptive counseling.
- Shared decision making in contraceptive counseling.
- Patient-provider conversations about sterilization: A qualitative analysis.
- Addressing potential pitfalls of reproductive life planning with patient-centered counseling.
- Provider self-disclosure during contraceptive counseling.
- Providing family planning care in the context of Zika: a toolkit for providers from the US Office of Population Affairs.
- Rethinking the Pregnancy Planning Paradigm: Unintended Conceptions or Unrepresentative Concepts?
- Association of the quality of interpersonal care during family planning counseling with contraceptive use.
- Racial and ethnic differences in women's preferences for features of contraceptive methods.
- Reducing under-reporting of stigmatized health events using the List Experiment: results from a randomized, population-based study of abortion in Liberia.
- Realizing Reproductive Health Equity Needs More Than Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC).
- Medication abortion failure in women with and without previous cesarean delivery.
- Racial and ethnic differences in contraceptive use among women who desire no future children, 2006-2010 National Survey of Family Growth.
- Performance measures for contraceptive care: what are we actually trying to measure?
- Bringing patients' social context into the examination room: an investigation of the discussion of social influence during contraceptive counseling.
- Contraceptive counseling: best practices to ensure quality communication and enable effective contraceptive use.
- A qualitative analysis of approaches to contraceptive counseling.
- Physicians disciplined for sex-related offenses.