Rebecca Plevin, MD
Assistant Professor in Res
Rebecca Plevin, M.D. an Assistant Professor in the Division of General Surgery, Trauma Surgery and Critical Care. Dr. Plevin’s research focuses on injury prevention; she has a particular interest in vulnerable populations. She is a core member of the San Francisco Vision Zero Injury Prevention Research Collaborative (VZIPRC), a group comprised of trauma surgeons, epidemiologists, geospatial analysts, and key Department of Public Health staff that conducts research using traffic-related injury data in support of Vision Zero SF– San Francisco's policy and commitment to eliminate traffic deaths on city streets. She is currently investigating the disproportionate impact of traffic injury on homeless and elderly individuals as well as those with mobility impairments. Additionally, Dr. Plevin is the Director of the San Francisco Wraparound Project, the hospital-based violence intervention program at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. She was recently awarded a grant to expand the Wraparound Project’s Bridge to Employment program, which equips participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter and thrive in full-time employment after violent injury. She is currently investigating digital communications and transportation technology as a means of improving engagement and access to healthcare resources in victims of violent injury.
2019 - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion Training, University of California
- Designing an Information and Communications Technology Tool With and for Victims of Violence and Their Case Managers in San Francisco: Human-Centered Design Study.
- Repeat computed tomography head scan is not indicated in trauma patients taking novel anticoagulation: A multicenter study.
- "You don't want anyone who hasn't been through anything telling you what to do, because how do they know?": Qualitative analysis of case managers in a hospital-based violence intervention program.
- Effect of mass shootings on gun sales-A 20-year perspective.
- Update in sepsis guidelines: what is really new?
- A Posterolateral Approach to the Scapula for Evacuation of a Subscapular Abscess: A Case Report.
- Evaluating the Potential Benefits of Advanced Automatic Crash Notification.
- The Role of Lipopolysaccharide Structure in Monocyte Activation and Cytokine Secretion.
- Helicopter transport: help or hindrance?