Nicholas Riano, MAS
Clinical Research Coordinator
Nicholas Riano, MAS is Dr. Christina Mangurian’s Clinical Research Coordinator. He received his BA in Psychology from UC Berkeley in 2015, and his Master of Advanced Study in Criminology, Law and Society from UC Irvine in 2017. His research interests include assessing medical illness in forensic severely mentally ill populations and developing interventions for this unique underserved population. He is also interested in the study of implicit racial bias and structural racism.
- Assessment of Paid Childbearing and Family Leave Policies for Administrative Staff at Top US Medical Schools.
- Peer Specialists in Community Mental Health: Ongoing Challenges of Inclusion.
- Alleviating the Mental Health Burden of Structural Discrimination and Hate Crimes: The Role of Psychiatrists.
- Paid Family and Childbearing Leave Policies at Top US Medical Schools.
- The need to support caregivers during pediatric bone marrow transplantation (BMT): A case report.
- A Doctor is in the House: Stakeholder Focus Groups About Expanded Scope of Practice of Community Psychiatrists.
- First-Episode Schizophrenia and Diabetes Risk.
- Rates of Cervical Cancer Screening Among Women With Severe Mental Illness in the Public Health System.
- Implementation of a violence risk assessment tool on a safety-net inpatient psychiatry unit.