Working with CVP
Panels and Seminars
The CVP hosts panel discussions and seminars on topics that address the intersections of chronic diseases and social conditions that make management of chronic illnesses challenging.
Click here to view videos from the CVP Seminar Series.
Student interns interested in volunteering on CVP projects may contact us with details of their research interests and cv. Their cv will be circulated to all faculty and the student will be contacted by the faculty member directly if there is a match.
To be on the mailing list for panels and seminars or for information on internships, please contact Shalisha Maddela at Shalisha.Maddela@ucsf.edu.
The following are examples of past internships at CVP:
- Feasibility study of a web-based intervention to promote diabetes literacy and physical activity
- Application of the RE-AIM Framework to evaluate an intervention to improve glycemic control among diabetic food bank clients
- Analysis of the association of shelter status with geriatric conditions in older homeless adults
- Content analysis of patient-provider electronic communication
- Evaluation of lead testing in candy and impact of lead policies in California
- Literature review of physical activity and cardiovascular disease for application to the Cardiovascular Disease Policy Model
- Exploration of differences in life course events and precipitants of homelessness by age of onset of homelessness
Interns participate in “Works-In-Progress” to learn about work that faculty interns are engaged in. Please note the following for Summer 2015:
|Date||Faculty Name||Summer Intern|
|Monday||July 6, 11:30a-12:30p||Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo||Walker Keenan|
|Monday||July 13, 11:30a-12:30p||Hilary Seligman||Jennifer Tsai|
|Monday||July 20, 11:30a-12:30p||Margot Kushel||Kenneth Hahn & Sophie Rosenmoss|
|Monday||July 27, 11:30a-12:30p||Delphine Tuot||Mekhala Dinkar Hoskote & Kai Morgan|
|Monday||August 3, 11:30a-12:30p||Nynikka Palmer & Courtney Lyles||Stephen Chan & Rubi Luna|
|Monday||August 10, 11:30a-12:30p||Urmimala Sarkar & Christina Mangurian||Nathan Karp & Anuradha Gorukanti|